In compliance with the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) QUAD (Derby QUAD Limited / Derby QUAD Enterprises Limited) is committed to handling and storing your personal information safely and appropriately.
This applies whether your information is obtained directly from you through QUAD’s website forms or by other means such as phone calls, e-mails, printed forms, or verbally in person. It also applies to personal information obtained from publicly available sources. QUAD is the data controller in all cases.
Whose information do we collect?
We collect personal information about the following people:
- Visitors both to our building and to our website
- Users of our mobile app
- People hiring our building, spaces and resources
- Media and press
- Participants in training, workshops or courses
- Industry contacts
- Other stakeholders
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the nature of your relationship with QUAD, we may collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Biographical – name, title, date of birth or age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or information that indicates your socio-economic status
- Contact details – postal address, email address, phone number
- Current interests and preferences
- Access requirements
- Occupation and professional activities
- Record of donations or payments (payments for tickets and regular donations are managed through a third party – bank account details are retained only for the purposes of processing direct debits)
- Attendance at events
In some cases, we will collect sensitive personal information, this is defined as and may include information about:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions, religious beliefs or similar beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Physical or mental health
- Medical information
- Sex life and sexual orientation
- Criminal allegations, proceedings or convictions
We will only collect your information when there is a legitimate reason for doing so.
How do we collect the information?
Information is collected under the following circumstances:
- Booking tickets / buying merchandise / purchasing gift vouchers / signing up to memberships be it online, in person or over the phone
- Subscribing to QUAD mailing lists or other marketing communications
- Becoming a supporter / donor / advocate of QUAD
- Hiring spaces in our building and resources both on and off-site
- Enquiries via telephone, email and in letters
- Via surveys we use to research visitor experience
- Taking part in a competition on social media
- Through personal contact with a staff member or trustee
- From publicly available sources
- Enrolling on to or applying to training, workshops or courses
When you provide contact details you will be asked if you would like to receive further information from QUAD. You will also be offered the opportunity to opt-out every time we communicate with you. If you have an online account, you can also log in at any time and update your preferences.
We may sometimes use third parties to capture some of our data on our behalf, but only where we are confident that the third party will treat your data securely, in accordance with our terms and in line with the requirements set out in the GDPR.
We use ‘Cookies’ on our website to allow us to see how our website is used and to improve our services to you. None of this information identifies you personally. For more information see below.
Why do we collect the information?
Under the terms of the GDPR the lawful bases for processing personal information are:
- we need it to fulfil a contract (e.g. ticket purchase);
- we need it to pursue our legitimate interests including by communicating with current and potential supporters; and/or,
- you have given your consent for us to do so.
We collect the information in order to:
- provide and manage services, such as attendance at free and ticketed events
- provide an appropriate environment, schedule, or level of support to participants in our events and activities
- communicate news about QUAD’s events and activities
- issue invitations to QUAD events
- administer donations, including Gift Aid
- understand who our audience is to improve the diversity of our services
- to provide information to partner organisations (we will only share information with partner organisations if you have given your consent to do so)
- manage contact with, and provide information to our funders and stakeholders
- identify potential donors and sources of funding for, amongst other activities, training, workshops or courses, capital projects and our artistic programme
- respond to emergency situations appropriately for participants and their families involved in our events and activities
- adhere to legal requirements for example: for police requests or safeguarding disclosures where your explicit consent is not required
We use tools to assist us with providing targeted information to our visitors, such as specific event communications. We may occasionally use profiling services provided by trusted third party organisations for the same purpose. We also gather information from publicly available third-party resources, e.g. directories, charity registers, to assist us with identifying stakeholders who might be approached for financial support.
Who collects the information?
Information is collected by, and on behalf of, QUAD. It may be shared by departments within QUAD in order for us to undertake a range of communications activities, both electronically, in print and through other channels.
Only where you explicitly consent for us to do so we will share your information with third parties which will usually be partnership organisations.
How long do we hold the information?
Information is retained for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it is required, and in line with QUAD’s Retention Schedule.
We want to be sure that we have the most up-to-date information for you. If you discover that we have outdated information, such as address, e-mail address or change of name, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org If you purchase tickets online for QUAD you can update your information yourself by logging into your account or contacting our Box Office.
Where your information is stored
Your information is stored on secure, password-protected databases and networks. Access to the information is given only to staff with the appropriate authorisation. Data is held on servers in the United Kingdom.
QUAD operates CCTV camera surveillance throughout the building and on the perimeter of the premises. The system is in place for the purposes of reducing the threat of crime generally, protecting QUAD’s premises and helping to ensure the safety of QUAD’s staff and visitors. The images are stored securely and monitored in a controlled space. Images may be shared with the police if required for the investigation of crime.
QUAD uses photography and film at events to promote its activities, build new audiences and report to funders. These images may be used on our website, social media channels and in written reports to funders. Any events being photographed will be clearly signposted to make you aware. You may request not to be photographed. We will seek parental consent to take photographs of children and young people under the age of 18.
Information from third parties
We obtain anonymous external data from sources such as the census and (Arts Council England) Audience Finder and combine it with personal data at an anonymous and combined level to build profiles which help us to work out what you are most likely to be interested in and how we can let you know about it.
You have the right to
- request copies of any of your data held by QUAD
- have your data rectified or erased
- opt out at any time via the unsubscribe link included in emails or log into your account on the QUAD website
In all cases, you can contact the Data Protection team on email@example.com
Contact and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about this policy please contact
Data Protection, QUAD, Market Place, Cathedral Quarter, Derby, DE1 3AS or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with QUAD’s response to your request for access to your data, or handling of your request to rectify or erase your data, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel.: 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The website uses Google Analytics to collect statistical data – please visit Google Analytics Terms Of Service for full details.
Who to contact about the policy
Derby QUAD Ltd
Reg. Charity number 1115546
ICO registration number Z9791897
Derby QUAD Enterprises Ltd
Reg. Co. number 06643909
ICO registration number ZA298188